Saturday 20 July 2013

Avocado Coconut Smoothie



A week ago my husband and I tried out a new Loas/Thai restaurant in the western suburbs of Sydney called Holy basil.  It's one we have been wanting to try for the longest time, because every time we drove passed the place it was completely full. The restaurant had to be amazing, right?? 

Well, let me tell you we were not disappointed! The place was amazing service, food and atmosphere were all fantastic. I was looking around the restaurant as we sat and ate our delicious food. I happen to notice several people with a greenish type drink. I kept telling my husband look everyone is ordering this green drink I'm curious as to what it is?? Well, to my surprise it was an avocado smoothie!! An avocado smoothie?? Well I just had to try it... Surely I couldn't pass up the chance. One, I love avocados and two it had to be good everyone had a drink in their hand and they looked satisfied. Turned out it was the best thing since sliced bread, well in my opinion anyway :)

I tell you for the next week it's all I could talk about. So my hubby suggested I give it a try... Well, this is what I came up with and it's nothing short of fabulous!!! Now the only difference here is I use coconut milk, I had to change it up a little!! 


Avocado, coconut and condensed milk put in blender and blend until smooth. Add in crushed ice once smooth. 

                   So tasty!! Yum!! 
So here goes, my version of the Holy Basil avocado smoothie.  

3 ripe avocados
1 cup coconut milk, or more of the smoothie is too thick
5-6 tbls condensed milk
1-1 1/2 cup crushed ice

Peel and cut avocados in half and place in blender. Add the coconut milk and condensed milk. Blend until smooth. Add the about 1 cup of the crushed ice, blend and add more if you wish. Blend until you have a smooth drink, at this stage taste for sweetness and consistency. If you want it a bit sweeter add more condensed milk. If its too thick add more coconut milk. Enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment