Wednesday 4 September 2013

Banana Caramel Pudding



Ok, I think I've died and gone to dessert heaven. Yes, I've been on a little dessert kick lately. But why not? We only live once, right? This banana caramel pudding was simply divine. Moist and sweet and amazing with the caramel sauce. I had mine with a little ice cream and poured a little caramel over the ice cream. Yum!!

I saw this recipe while watching the Donny Hay show and thought I have to give this one a try. I'm always searching for the prefect banana cake! This one was super simple to put together and only took me about 10 mins to complete.

Now, with baking I always allow my ingredients to come to room temperature. The eggs, butter and if using milk I allow the milk to come to room temperature. I find that letting the ingredients come to room temperature makes for even baking. 

This is probably the best recipe to make and bring to a party, because I'm sure you have all the ingredients sitting in your pantry. And when you see how easy it is to make you will laugh. It's most definitely a no-fuss banana cake.


                       The line up

  Line your baking loaf with baking paper... Spray the inside with oil so the paper sticks. 

Almost ready... This is what the cake will look like once all the ingredients have been combined. I just used a wire whisk to mix the ingredients, it worked fine. Just make sure you don't over mix the batter. 

Ready for the oven. 

My caramel sauce, so easy to make just brown sugar and heavy cream. 

 How good does this cake look!! 

The finished cake with the caramel sauce


Recipe from Donna Hay

Ingredients 
175g butter, softened and chopped 
1 cup (175g) brown sugar
½  cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup mashed banana, about 3 bananas 
3 eggs, at room temperature 
2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
Caramel sauce
1 ½ cups whipping cream
¾ cup (135g) brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350F
  1. To make the pudding, place the butter, sugars, cinnamon, banana, eggs, flour and baking powder in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed for 1 minute or until just combined. You can also just use a wire whisk. 
  2. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan lined with baking paper and bake for 1 hour or until when tested with a skewer, the skewer is clean. 
  3. To make the caramel sauce, place the cream and brown sugar in a saucepan, stir and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Slice the pudding and pour over the warm sauce. Yum!
















No comments:

Post a Comment