Thursday 7 November 2013

Coconut Pumpkin Soup




I love creamy soups and we have posted a few in the past. Honestly, who doesn't love a beautiful creamy soup?  I know I do and I'm sure most of us love it as well, especially with the colder weather, just around the corner.

This one is probably one my favourite soups. I was inspired to create a pumpkin soup because of course, Halloween just past and we are slowly approaching Thanksgiving.  Now, in Australia we do not celebrate Thanksgiving, however, being I'm American I have my annual Thanksgiving dinner and invite my closest friends over for an amazing dinner. I'm thinking of possible making this soup as an entree so I thought I would make and test this recipe. Of course, it turned out lovely, creamy and full of flavour.

Come with me on this creamy soup journey!

My ingredients

Chop pumpkin, onion and carrots

In this pot is the onion, carrot and pumpkin mix well so pumpkin is covered with the oil and thyme 

Add the wine, coconut milk and chicken stock, cover and allow to cook 

I used a hand blender to purée my soup

Printer Friendly Version




Ingredients

1 onion chopped
2 carrots chopped
1 tsp dried thyme or fresh
2 lbs pumpkin chopped
1/4 cup white wine
1 14oz can coconut milk
2 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil to sauté

In a dutch over or heavy bottom saucepan, saute onion and carrots until tender. Add the thyme and cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. To this add the chopped pumpkin and mix to combine, season with salt and pepper.

To the pot add the white wine, coconut milk and chicken stock. Cover and allow to cook on a medium heat for 40-50 minutes or until pumpkin and carrots are fork tender. Use a hand blender and puree until smooth and creamy. 

Check for seasonings and adjust as needed. Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment