Tuesday 4 June 2013

Tator Tot Casserole



Pinterest is an interesting social network, a place where you can pin all your favourite recipes, DIY projects, craft projects and so much more. It's a place where you pin recipes and DYI projects in the hopes of one day making that special dish or knitting that scarf you have always wanted. 

But honestly, with over 1000 pins on my recipe board will I really get a chance to try all of them... well, maybe one day :) 

However, I do love Pinterest because it allows me to search many recipes all in one spot. I can sit for hours pinning different and sometimes unusual recipes. I must admit I have tried several recipes from Pinterest and so far I have not been disappointed. 

Well, here is a Pinterest find I thought I would try and share with you. I was very skeptical at first, but turns out, it wasn't too bad. I did make some minor changes, however, overall it was a good breakfast meal, and honestly, who doesn't love an all in one pot meal? I know I do, less cleaning :) 



 
My diced bacon, nicely layered on the bottom of my dish 


                Ready for the oven! 
1 lb uncooked bacon diced, ham or ground sausage, I used bacon it's what I had on hand
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cups grated cheese of your choice, I used a combination of mozzarella and cheddar
6 eggs
2 cups heavy cream or milk
2 lbs frozen tator tots 
Salt and Pepper to taste

Pre-heat your over to 350˚F 

Using a 9"x13" pan, spread your uncooked meat evenly on the bottom and top with the grated cheese and chopped onion. In a separate bowl whisk together your eggs and milk/heavy cream. Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture on top of meat and cheese and stir a bit to combine. Finally, top with frozen tator tots. 

Place in oven and allow to cook for 45 mins to an hour, oven temperatures may vary slightly.


Look at all the cheesy goodness :) 


Printer Friendly Version



No comments:

Post a Comment